What is Nest.js?
What are Nest.js Features?
Nest.js has many features, making it an excellent choice for developers. These include:
1. Powerful CLI. Nest.js has a powerful command-line interface (CLI). As a result, it makes it easier to build, deploy, and manage applications. The CLI provides various tools and commands, easing app configuring and controlling.
2. Easy-to-use API. Nest.js has an easy-to-use API that makes it easier for developers to get started. This API provides a range of tools that make it easier for development and maintenance.
3. Built-in Testing Tools. Nest.js has built-in tools that make testing easier to test and debug applications. The testing tools make it easier to identify and fix errors quickly.
4. Modern Tech Support. Nest.js supports web technologies such as GraphQL and WebSockets. In turn, it's easier to build applications with these technologies.
5. Extensive Documentation. Nest.js has vast documentation that encourages developers to get started. The documentation provides detailed information on the features and tools of Nest.js.
When to use Nest.js?
Nest.js is an ideal choice for devs aiming to build products with modern architecture. Here are some examples of how developers can use Nest.js to build powerful web applications:
● Web Servers. Nest.js allows the building of web servers that can handle user requests. The web server can deliver content to users or provide an API for other applications to access.
● Web Apps. Nest.js can deliver complex web applications with a modern, scalable architecture. It uses engineering principles like SOLID, Dependency Injection, and Test-Driven Development (TDD). Further, it has built-in support for various techs such as gRPC, Websockets, and GraphQL. Streaming data and Object Relational Mapping (ORM) are also essential.
● Mobile Apps. Nest.js can build mobile applications to create, store, and retrieve data. These mobile apps can make UIs or provide an API to other applications.
● GraphQL Servers. Nest.js is excellent for building GraphQL servers. These also can create, store, and retrieve data. Nest.js is also a perfect choice for building GraphQL applications. It supports Apollo Server, a powerful GraphQL server, and various other GraphQL tools. Plus, it provides dev with many tools to help create and test GraphQL apps quickly and easily.
Pros and Cons of Nest.js
Nest.js is a robust framework that eases complex products' dev and maintenance. Yet, like any technology, it has its pros and cons. Here are some of the pros and cons of Nest.js:
Advantages of Nest.js
● Strong yet Easy. Nest.js has an easy-to-use API and extensive documentation. Hence, it makes it easier for developers to get started. The framework is easy to work with, so even the most complicated and powerful features are evident. The Nest.js team built the framework for devs to start quickly and focus on business logic. In contrast, the framework handles other critical development parts, such as security.
● Solid Architecture. Nest.js saves time while building out applications. This approach applies whether it's your first MVP or the final product. Since it provides a firm framework and architecture, it boosts development processes.
● No Extra Configuration. Its "batteries included" approach lets developers not waste time setting their environment. It requires no extra setup, and its uses go from small projects to large enterprise apps.
Disadvantages of Nest.js
● Lack of Resources. Nest.js is a relatively-new framework compared to others like React.js. Thus, there are still limited resources available when searching for help.
● Limited Flexibility. The framework is not suitable for creating cross-platform mobile applications. There has yet to be official support from the framework itself. But, some third-party libraries allow developers to create mobile apps using Nest.js.
What is the Future of Nest.js?
The future of Nest.js is potentially inspiring. With its seamless TypeScript code, it has the potential within back-end development. Long gone will be the days of coding in several languages down different stacks. Nest.js allows writing everything they need in one language. In turn, it creates a smooth, fast, and efficient final product. The library is becoming well known due to its slight learning curve and vast abilities. As it grows popular and undergoes further improvement, Nest.js will likely look different soon!
Why should you give Nest.js a try? It’s an ideal framework with out-of-the-box features, enhancing app creation without much code. Yes, it still needs more online available resources compared to other frameworks. Nonetheless, its basic structures' make it easy for JS users. Hence, they can take full advantage of Nest.js' benefits. Setting up a proper environment can be challenging due to the complexity involved. Still, once you get used to it, there's no doubt that Nest.js will improve your productivity!